Attorney Kienitz was quoted in a recent article in the NAELA News magazine, a publication of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys. The article discusses possible changes to the MaineCare rules which would negatively impact seniors and NAELA’s advocacy.
Read the full article here
The Aging Well Living Well Expo at Sunday River was a great success. There were ongoing seminars throughout the day, and we were among lots of venders where attendees could get valuable information and lots of goodies.
Here’s our table where we had lots of handouts, including a do-it-yourself Maine Advance Directives form. We also gave away (my favorite) pens and lots of chocolate.
It was great getting to know some of the other people and businesses that serve seniors in Maine.
We presented a seminar on the documents that a caregiver should have for a family member who is facing incapacity and how guardianship and conservatorship proceedings work when advance planning wasn’t possible. But, there were plenty of fun sessions too, like this Zumba class.
A highlight of the day was a Chondola ride after lunch up to the summit at Sunday River. It almost makes me want to learn to ski.
The seminar will be geared toward:
- Insurance professionals
- Nursing home administrators
The subject matter to be covered:
Do you have the most current information relating to the impact of the new MaineCare changes? Are you confident in your ability to advise your clients due to these developments? Join us at this seminar to not just learn what changes have been made, but also gain insight into how they will affect your clients. Get yourself up-to-speed – enroll today!
- Help clients make smart financial planning decisions with a solid understanding of the new framework.
- Avoid precedence conflicts by analyzing the federal reforms versus MaineCare policies.
- Review the possible financial outcomes and get tips for helping with planning decisions in light of the MaineCare changes.
- Guide clients through the MaineCare qualification process by knowing what’s involved.
- Translate the recent MaineCare reforms into the day-to-day practice skills you’ll need to advise your clients.
Date: March 24, 2001
Place: Fireside Inn, Portland
Sponsored by: National Business Institute
More info at: NBI seminar website